Present academic position:
Clinical Assistant Professor in Orthodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, the University of Hong Kong (02/2019 – present)
Academic and professional qualifications:
06/2012 Bachelor of Medicine (Dentistry), Sun Yat-sen University
06/2017 Doctor of Stomatological Medicine in orthodontics, Peking University
12/2021 Doctor of Philosophy, The University of Hong Kong
08/2018 Membership in Orthodontics, Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (MOrth RCSEd)
Previous research work:
Bone biology; Cleft lip and palate; Three-dimensional imaging in orthodontic diagnosis and treatment
Section A – Five most representative publications in recent five years
- Lin, Y., Tang, Z., Jin, L., Yang, Y. (2022). The Expression and Regulatory Roles of Long Non-Coding RNAs in Periodontal Ligament Cells: A Systematic Review. Biomolecules, 12(2), 304.
- Lin, Y., Cheng, T., Zhu, S., Gu, M., Jin, L., Yang, Y. (2021). mRNA and long non-coding RNA expression profiling of human periodontal ligament cells under tensile loading. European journal of orthodontics, 43(6), 698-707.
- Lin, Y., Jin, L., Tong, W., Leung, Y., Gu, M., Yang, Y. (2021). Identification and integrated analysis of differentially expressed long non-coding RNAs associated with periodontitis in humans. Journal of Periodontal Research, 56(4), 679–689.
- Lin, Y., Fu, Z., Guo, R., Ma, L., & Li, W. (2020). Maxillary protraction therapy in class III patients with and without cleft lip and palate: an interim report of a prospective comparative study. The Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Journal, 58(4), 429-437.
- Zhu, S., Yuan, C., Lin, Y., Liu, H., Yang, Y., Wong, H., Zhang, C., Wang, P., & Gu, M. (2021). Stem Cells from Human Exfoliated Deciduous Teeth (SHEDs) and Dental Pulp Stem Cells (DPSCs) Display a Similar Profile with Pericytes. Stem Cells International, 1–12.
Section B – Five representative publications beyond the recent five-year period
- Lin, Y., Fu, Z., Ma, L., Li, W. (2016). Cone-beam computed tomography–synthesized cephalometric study of operated unilateral cleft lip and palate and noncleft children with Class III skeletal relationship. American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, 150(5), 802-810.
- Fu, Z., Lin, Y., Ma, L., Li, W. (2016). Effects of maxillary protraction therapy on the pharyngeal airway in patients with repaired unilateral cleft lip and palate: A 3-dimensional computed tomographic study. American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, 149(5), 673-682.
- Lin, Y., Chen, G., Fu, Z., Ma, L., Li, W. (2015). Cone-beam computed tomography assessment of lower facial asymmetry in unilateral cleft lip and palate and non-cleft patients with class III skeletal relationship. PloS one, 10(8).